Outside the Cube
About this site
Links to us
Outside the Cube
Male Dating Scammers,
Generated 0:02:06 on Aug 15, 2020
Look2Me generates popup windows
Question: I get popup windows from a software named "Look2Me" and cannot get rid of it. What shall I do?
Answer: Look2Me is an advertising software that generates popup windows. Additionally it tracks the web sites you visit and sends it to its server. Look2Me is implemented as a system extension and thus is highly integrated with Windows Explorer. Therefore it is not enough to simply delete DLL files, you also have to clean the registry.
The manufacturer offers an uninstall program, but I am not sure if it is truthworthy:
I would instead follow the following procedure that will remove Look2Me from your machine:
- click on the 'Start' button, then on 'Run', and type REGEDIT and click 'Ok' to start the registry editor
- press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the task manager. Switch to the list of processes and sort it by name. Select process 'explorer.exe' and terminate it. There may be several explorer instances - terminate all of them.
Your desktop will be blank then, and the start menu, task Bar and system tray will be gone. Do not worry!
- Press ALT + Tab to activate the Registry Editor again
- Delete the following registry keys if they exist
- Close the registry editor and press CTRL+ALT+DEL again and reboot the computer
- After booting, open the SYSTEM32 folder under your windows folder. This is typically:
C:WindowsSystem (Windows 95/98/ME systems)
C:WINNTSystem32 (Windows NT/2000 systems)
C:WindowsSystem32 (Windows XP systems)
If you use Windows Explorer for this task, sort the files there by name. Delete all files that look like this:
If you use the command line shell, simply delete
- Now start Internet Explorer, click on the "Tools" menu and there click on menu item "internet options".
- Select tab "Programs" and click on the "Reset Web Settings" button.
|Most recent comments