Ford Festiva (3)
Mazda RX-8 (1)
Purchase/ Finance (3)
About this site
Links to us
General :: Outside the Cube :: Auto :: Maintenance
Tips on maintenance of your vehicle.
This list is sorted by recent document popularity (not total page views).
New documents will first appear at the bottom.
Generated 12:01:17 on Nov 18, 2017
How to Change Radiator Fluid
The coolant in your car's cooling system needs to be changed every year in cold climates or every two years in temperate climates. If the coolant is changed regularly, there's no need to flush the cooling system.
Draining the Cooling System:
Then fill it with a 50:50 water/ antifreeze mix:
- Open the radiator cap with the engine cold.
- Crawl under the front of the car and look at the bottom of the radiator. Find the radiator "drain cock" (also called the radiator petcock). The drain cock is a small plug or T-shaped bolt located at the bottom of the radiator. Sometimes it's plastic.
- Place a large pan - 5 gallons or so - under the radiator. Open the drain cock with your hand or an appropriate-size wrench. Allow the radiator to drain into the pan.
- Close the drain cock.
- Refill the radiator with water until the water is at the top of the radiator or just visible.
- Replace the cap.
- Run the engine for 5 minutes to circulate the clean water.
- Stop the engine, allow to cool slightly and repeat steps 1 through 4.
- Add a mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 antifreeze to the radiator. Fill it right up to the top.
- Fill the overflow/coolant reservoir with the same 50-50 mixture.
- Leave the radiator cap off, turn the engine on, and let it run until the radiator "burps." There may be pockets of air trapped in the system: You'll see the coolant level drop and may see a large air bubble come to the top as the system burps. Be sure to keep an eye on the temperature gauge throughout this process.
- Refill the radiator to the top and the coolant reservoir as needed.
- Put the radiator cap back on.
- Add more coolant if the engine runs hot after this procedure - there may have been another pocket of air that burped.
- Put the old coolant and water in plastic jugs using a funnel.
- Dispose of coolant properly - don't pour it down the drain or sewer. Many service stations, repair shops and parts stores will take it so it can be recycled, or you can take it to a recycling center.
|Most recent comments
in Real Estate
on How much does a builder cost to build a house in California:
I own my own window company and I'm always
searching for newer info in the industry. Enjoyed the read.
You've got a great site BTW.
in Other Scams
on Another dating / chat scam - USA/ Nigeria connection:
hi!,I really like your writing very much! percentage we keep in touch extra about your post on AOL?
I require a specialist in this space to unravel my problem.
May be that's you! Taking a look ... read more
in Male Dating Scammers
on Dating scammer Desmond Clark , Kevin Desmond Clark, Clark Kevin Desmond:
This man is on Tinder on 11/16/17 calling himself 'Daniel'. He told me he is a 'Project manager who manages a team of skilful Petro -chemical and Civil engineers.' Thank goodness I googled an image of ... read more
in Dating Scams
on Dating scammer Mariya:
I truly like to get my inspiration from genuinely significant phrases said by definitely good persons like вЂњReligion is the sign of the oppressed ... it is the opium of the peopleвЂќ, does one ... read more
on Need password for encrypted RAR or ZIP archive:
Please give me password assassins creed revelations game for pc anyone know that
on Compose an HTML email with Outlook from Delphi:
I have noticed you don't monetize your website, don't waste your traffic, you can earn additional cash every month because you've got high quality content.
If you want to know how to make extra mo ... read more
on Sending an email from Delphi with Outlook:
I see you don't monetize your page, don't waste your traffic,
you can earn extra bucks every month because you've
got hi quality content. If you want to know how to make extra $$$, search fo ... read more
on Well-respected bank offering Payday loans:
We are urgently in need of kidney donor in a very good health condition for the sum of $470,000,00 and we will take properly care of the donor doling the whole process, here you can contact us via ema ... read more
in Dating Scams
on Dating scammer Rosemary Asomani:
I have checked your page and i have found some duplicate
content, that's why you don't rank high in google's search results, but there is a tool that can help you to create 100% unique
artic ... read more
in Male Dating Scammers
on Dating scammer Achmad Eldric:
Hi, My name is BRYAN WHYTE and i just want to share my experience with everyone. I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my dou ... read more