Outside the Cube (31)
Computer Hardware (4)
Dating Scams (6327)
Male Dating Scammers (53052)
Microsoft Scammers (212213)
Other Scams (424447)
Spammer Businesses (848899)
Web publishing (134)
Finding the IP address in Yahoo! Mail
104 comments. Current rating: (16 votes). Leave comments and/ or rate it.
Question:I get questionable emails to my Yahoo! Mail account. How can I find out the sender's IP address and where the sender is coming from?
Answer:Follow these steps to find the sender's IP address in Yahoo! Mail:
1. Log into your Yahoo! mail with your username and password.
2. Click on Inbox or whichever folder you have stored your mail in.
3. Open the mail.
4. If you can't see the headers above the mail message, your headers are not displayed. To display the headers,
* Click on 'Options' in the top-right corner
* In the 'Mail Options' page, click on 'General Preferences'
* Scroll down to Messages where you have the Headers option
* Make sure that 'Show all headers on incoming messages' is selected
* Click on the Save button
* Go back to the mails and open that mail
5. You should now see the headers.
6. Look for Received: from followed by the IP address between square brackets [ ]. For example [126.96.36.199]
This is the IP address of the sender.
If there are lots of Received: from with IP addresses, select the IP address in the last pattern. If there are no instances of Received: from with the IP address, select the first IP address in X-Originating-IP.
8. Trace the IP address of the sender using http://www.ripe.net/perl/whois