|Outside the Cube|
Computer Hardware (2)
Dating Scams (6314)
Male Dating Scammers (2360)
Microsoft Scammers (1)
Other Scams (21)
Spammer Businesses (5)
About this site
Links to us
Saving Money - alternative uses for everyday items
This article has not been rated yet. After reading, feel free to leave comments and rate it.
- Normally used to grasp thick stacks of paper, binder clips can be used to display recipes or photos.
- Shave dried remnants of leftover bath soap, and shake them into a glass container as a scented base for silk flowers.
- When cooking with hot oil that needs air, use an inverted colander as a breathable splatter guard.
- No flowers? Fill a glass bowl with fresh lemons, limes or tangerines for a bright centerpiece.
- Place a coffee filter at the bottom of a pot when transplanting to keep soil from leaking out drainage holes.
- Empty cardboard egg cartons serve as great starter pots for seedlings and can go straight into the ground.
- Olive oil can be used to shine metal surfaces and polish wooden furniture.
- Wrap bouquets from your cutting garden with newspaper, choosing sections with colorful designs or news that would interest the recipient.