|Outside the Cube|
Computer Hardware (2)
Dating Scams (6237)
Real Estate (72)
Tax Deductions (4)
Male Dating Scammers (2302)
Microsoft Scammers (1)
Other Scams (21)
Spammer Businesses (5)
About this site
Links to us
New related comments
Number of comments in the last 48 hours
Well-respected bank offering Payday loans
2 new comments
Which credit cards allow credit line increases without a hard pull?
This article has not been rated yet. After reading, feel free to leave comments and rate it.
Question: I want to increase my credit score by lowering my credit utilization. Besides paying down balances, I want to increase my credit limits. Which credit cards allow credit line increases without a hard pull?
(As of September 2008)
Expect a hard pull:
- Chase - almost always - regardless
- Citi - when subitting the form online after hitting the cli button ONLINE not an option eff. 7/20/2008 - must call in
- Discover - when already at or beyond 15k
- FNBO - Always hard through form.
No Hard Pull: (but read the fineprint online / ask the CSR!)
- Juniper / Barclay's - Call the number on the back of your card and speak to CSR and ask if you qualify for an increase (they did not ask me any income related questions).
- Discover (personal) - Call the number on the back of your card and speak to CSR and ask if you qualify for an increase (they did not ask me any income related questions).
- USAA - Initial check. Can choose to allow inquiry to try for additional review/boost
- Citi - No credit check unless rep asks you for income information; cli is instant; otherwise hard will follow
- AMEX - Use online form for no-hard CLI. Be warned of Financial Reviews though if you ask for too much. (usually up to $24,999 without additional info needed)
- Bank of America - Use online form for no-hard CLI.
- WalMart - Use online form for no-hard CLI. Every 6 months usually.
- WAMU - Unable to request CLI. Neither online nor over phone. CLI's done "periodically"